The first thing I did this morning was put on my exercise clothes and start this workout that I mentioned yesterday. I’m determined to make morning exercise a habit. Only because I find it very hard to exercise in the evenings. Who I am kidding? I find it hard to exercise at all times, but in the evening I can find way more excuses than I can in the morning.
I’m creating an environment that caters to this habit by…
1. having my workout clothes ready to put on first thing in the morning
2. no internet, work, eating or cleaning before I’ve had a morning workout.
3. take care of chores the night before.
4. stop waiting for on perfection. My perfectionist tendencies get in my way all the time. I want to be more flexible about what I consider a perfect morning because there never will be one. There may be mornings where I just can’t do a full workout physically, this morning my knee and back were twingy- but I moved anyway.
5. do this for 30 days in a row. If you’ve read my blog for any amount of time, you’ll know that I struggle with consistency. I never get to the point where these positive actions become habits.
6. make a list of the possible out comes from this daily exercise. ie: getting in shape, better health etc.
And also, when did jumping rope become the most difficult form of exercise ever? Holy hell! I used to jump rope all the time (of course I was a fraction of the size I am today), but it is seriously hard.
Breakfast this morning was 1 c. plain whole yogurt, 1 T honey, 1 C blueberries. This wasn’t as sweet as I usually eat my yogurt and only 324 calories. I’m working on cutting way back on sugar and getting used to flavors that aren’t loaded with sugar, salt or fat. This one is difficult for me. I could easily eat a vanilla yogurt with jam and granola and stack up lots of excess sugar before noon!